Health & Wellness
Health & Wellness Policy
Lucero Elementary School is committed to providing a school environment that promotes and protects children's health, well-being, and ability to learn by supporting healthy eating and physical activity.
Therefore, Lucero Elementary School will:
- Provide opportunities for physical activity and encourage all students to be physically active on a regular basis.
- Ensure that food and beverages sold or served at school meet the nutrition recommendations of the U.S. Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- Ensure that school meals provide students with access to a variety of affordable, nutritious, and appealing foods that meet their health and nutritional needs.
- Participate in available federal school meal programs.
- Provide nutrition education and physical education to foster life-long habits of healthy eating and physical activity.
- Establish linkages between health education and school meal programs, and related community service agencies.
School Wellness Policies are a set of guidelines created by members of the School Wellness Team.
- PS 311 is committed to increasing the health and wellness of its students.
- PS 311 believes that fostering a healthy environment through wellness policies will create an environment conducive to learning and success.
- PS 311 believes that healthy young people are more likely to become healthy adults.
K-5 Physical Education Program
We provide at least 120 minutes per week of physical education to all students.
Additional Physical Fitness Activities Include
- Brainpower Wellness